Smart CRM Basics: What You Should Know About Marketing Action Optimization
The methodology of delivering the next-best-action and experience to each customer
Marketing action optimization involves two different levels: optimizing the marketing journey or experience and optimizing the content of every marketing campaign for each of your customers.
So, if you have a customer eligible to receive five different campaigns – marketing action optimization will help you identify which campaign is best to send to each customer. And of course, which will be the most profitable to your business.
Watch the 4-minute mini-workshop or read the transcript just below it to learn more:
Optimizing the Marketing Customer Journey
Once you identify the next-best-action or experience the customer should receive – you can begin optimizing campaign content. That means which message, with what offer, will resonate best among each of your customers.
Why It’s Important
- Creating customer-led journeys eliminates the guesswork out of anticipating every engagement a customer will have with your brand
- It helps you avoid message-crossfire. For example, a new customer may be eligible for a welcome email and a negative experience campaign. So, it’ll help you discover the most appropriate content to send each one – maximizing and optimizing personalization
How It’s Done
- Determining the optimal journey
Optimove will calculate the predicted average future value each campaign will deliver to each specific customer.
Meaning, which campaign will generate the highest predicted average future value – not just for the next campaign – but for the campaigns to follow – and even the entire journey.
- Determining the content of each message
Optimove identifies the performance of different messages/offers on different micro-segments within your customer base to determine which one resonates best.
This allows you to test two different offers to encourage customers to make their next purchase – like whether they wish to receive free shipping or 15% off. Instead of identifying which offer performs better on the entire segment, Optimove will identify which offer to send to each customer.
Don’t miss out on previous Smart CRM Basics:
- Customer Intelligence
- Predictive Customer Behavior Modeling
- The Single Customer View
- Control Groups in Marketing
- Customer Churn Prediction and Prevention
- Relationship Marketing
- Customer Behavior Modeling
- B2C Marketing
- The Power of ML
- eCommerce Marketing