Smart CRM Basics: Strategies for Increasing Customer Loyalty
A walk through the latest approaches to improving customer loyalty and satisfaction
CRM Marketing teams put a lot of effort into increasing customer loyalty across various stages of the customer’s lifetime – starting from acquisition to retention, all the way through reactivation.
When looking at how to increase customer loyalty, trying to facilitate a positive customer experience will influence the likelihood of your customers to remain active and become loyal.
You can do that using a wide variety of CRM marketing tools and strategies. To get started, watch the mini-workshop or read the transcript just below it:
Get the guide on Why Retailers Need to Adopt Lifecycle Marketing>>
How to increase customer loyalty
Understanding what incentivizes each customer/segment to fulfill an objective will allow you to focus resources where needed. For starters, use some of the following incentives:
- Special offers
Define an objective
Segment your customers into different lifecycle stages to generate customer loyalty. Each stage will have different objectives:
- New Customers – Encourage them to remain active
- Active Customers – Increase their engagement (the amount of activity they have or the value of these activities, like deposit or order amount)
- Churned Customers – Encourage them to reactivate
- Reactivated customers – Similar to the new customer segment – but a bit more challenging to encourage them to remain active as they have a history with your brand
Find a message
Find a message that resonates with each customer on a personal level. Start by segmenting your customers into lifecycle stages and then continue to the next step:
- Lifecycle stages – New, active, churned, reactivated (as mentioned above)
- Segmentation layers – Further segment customers according to discount affinity, purchase frequency, and so much more
- Predictive analytics – Then define those who are at risk of churn, what their average future value is, and more
- Customer attributes – Add attributes such as customer’s last purchase date, what they purchased, their preferred communication channel, etc.
- Realtime activities – Finally, respond to website visits/activities by personalizing content for each customer
Automating the process
When you get really granular with your customer segments, you’ll end up with hundreds of different customer segments – making it hard to identify the message that works best for each one. But an AI algorithm can help you:
- Surface valuable insights about your customers
- Identify the message that resonates best with each customer
With all this in mind, you’ll be able to optimize the customer experience by delivering CRM journeys that are matched by AI – so each customer gets the most personalized treatment throughout their entire customer journey.
If you want to learn more about increasing customer loyalty, feel free to Reach Out at any time or visit the Optimove Learning Center.
Don’t miss out on previous Smart CRM Basics:
- Marketing Action Optimization
- Customer Intelligence
- Predictive Customer Behavior Modeling
- The Single Customer View
- Control Groups in Marketing
- Customer Churn Prediction and Prevention
- Relationship Marketing
- Customer Behavior Modeling
- B2C Marketing
- The Power of ML
- eCommerce Marketing
Be the first to comment on this post