CRM Hack: Using Realtime Marketing to Improve Conversion
Watch: Examples of realtime marketing campaigns to use in your registered only customer marketing plan
Using realtime marketing campaigns can significantly improve conversion rates for any brand out there. However, marketers must implement the right strategy for the right segment of customers for their marketing plan to succeed.
Today, we’ll share with you a couple of realtime campaign examples that you can include in your registered only marketing plan to increase overall conversion rates.
For your convenience – you can either watch the video or read the transcript below it. Enjoy!
Realtime Campaigns – What Are They?
Realtime marketing campaigns are communications that happen in real time, triggered by an event or action taken by the customer.
For example, showing a popup message on your website once a customer places their first order/deposit – to perhaps congratulate them for doing so.
3 Main Steps to Begin
To implement realtime marketing campaigns, you must:
- Segment – Define the customers and scenarios which require realtime communications based on historical data.
- Track – Collect site or app activities, user actions, and external events. For example, clicks, paid views, and so on.
- Trigger – Deliver personalized messages to users immediately following a specific action.
Registered Only Customers – Campaign Ideas
Let’s turn our focus to registered customers who have not yet made a monetary activity on your site. These customers are likely to be a large portion of your customer database and it’s important to communicate with them in realtime – as they are likely to be less engaged.
See two examples below:
Gaming – Login Campaign
|Segment||Registered player, 0 deposits|
|Goal||Make a first deposit|
|Event||Player logs in to the site and doesn’t make a deposit within 1 minute|
|Result||Popup/ in app message with text along the lines of, “Deposit $X and get XX% bonus!”|
Retail – Cart Abandonment Campaign
|Segment||Registered customer, 0 orders|
|Goal||Place their first order|
|Event||Customer adds items to their cart but doesn’t complete the order|
|Result||In app message with text along the lines of, “Looks like you left some items in your cart, don’t leave them behind!”|
These are just a couple of realtime marketing campaign examples you can implement in your registered only customer marketing plan… and we’ve got many more up our sleeves! 😉
Want to get started today? Reach out to:
Don’t miss out on our previous CRM hacks from Optimove experts:
- Monitoring the User’s Heartbeat
- The Hidden Data of Emails
- Customer Tier and RFM Segmentation
- Cross-Selling Between Platforms
- CRM Hack: Cross-Sell Principles
- Gamifying CRM Campaigns
- Measuring the Right KPIs
- Repurposing Content
- Marketing Campaign Optimization
- Lifecycle Based Campaigns
- Testing and Evaluating CRM Strategy