The Faithful-Eight: 8 Quick Tips for Your Holiday Season Marketing Strategy
Reactivate, personalize, look for your VIPs and never sell yourself short. Optimove's marketing experts give you some straight-forward pointers to help turn the holiday season to a fruitful onePosted in Customer Retention, E-Commerce, Personalization, DIY Hacks on 22 November 2018 by:
- Spread the word - Everyone is having massive sales and customers need to choose where to purchase their new piece of clothing or electronics. Let your customers know you are having a big sale, and entice them to shop your brand.
- Reward your valuable customers - Put in extra effort in marketing to your more valuable customers, they are the ones who are loyal to your brand year round. Perhaps they should get a different promo, or consider giving them early access to certain items on sale.
- Great opportunity to reactivate -Companies usually target their active customers with campaigns. Since on Black Friday everyone is in the buying mindset, it might be a good opportunity to remind your churned customers what awesome products your brand has.
- In-Store shopping - You don’t necessarily have to sell to customers online, you can also send out a campaign that encourages the customers to go and buy in the store.
- Personalization - Perhaps the customer already did all the prep work and added items into their cart ahead of time, you wouldn’t want them to forget about their items when Black Friday arrives. Make sure to remind them they have items in their shopping cart, and remind them what these items are.
- Real-time pop-ups – If a customer is browsing your site, but maybe didn’t get a campaign via email or SMS, now is the time to make them want to buy. Use a realtime pop-up to entice them to make their purchase.
- Campaign effectiveness – Consider using a special promotion code for each campaign, that way you can understand which campaigns worked better than others. It may not serve you for this Black Friday, but it will certainly give you insight into next year's.
- Don’t sell yourself short - Don’t be tempted to go overboard with discounts. In the long run, it is not the best idea in terms of brand loyalty, as you don’t want to have customers who abuse these discounts and purchase only once a year on Black Friday.