Junior Front End Developer
Optimove is a global marketing tech company, recognized as a Leader by Forrester and a Challenger by Gartner. We work with some of the world’s most exciting brands, such as Papa John’s, Staples, and Entain, who love our thought-provoking combination of art and science. With a strong product, a proven business, and the DNA of a vibrant, fast-growing startup, we’re on the cusp of our next growth spurt. It’s the perfect time to join our team of ~400 thinkers and doers across NYC, LDN, TLV, and other locations, where 2 of every 3 managers were promoted from within. Growing your career with Optimove is basically guaranteed.
Based in Dundee, Scotland, our R&D operation is a dynamic environment, where every developer can impact the flow of technology – from introducing the smallest library to making big infrastructure changes. We welcome open-minded developers who like to share knowledge and help each other to push Optimove forward using the cutting edge of today’s tech. We are looking for talented developers, and strong and energetic A-players interested in developing cutting-edge technology to make an impact on our company and on the entire MarTech industry.
- Design and develop front-end solutions working within a scalable microservices-based environment.
- Own your code from design to production, seeing the full picture including automation tests and deployment.
- Work in Agile process with Product Managers, UX Designers, and other TLs.
- Identify and implement improvements to data quality, reliability & efficiency at the level of the whole system.
- Solve various product challenges with creative solutions
- Work both autonomously and collaboratively with the team and other Optimove teams.
- At least 1 year of experience as a Front End engineer (or full stack).
- B.Sc. (or higher) in Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Experience with web development using React or similar frameworks.
- Excellent knowledge of software design and scalable web architecture.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- Passion for clean and readable code and a responsive and high-performing web experience.
- Experience with version control systems such as Git.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK – we are unable to provide sponsorship at this time.
- Hybrid work – Working 2/3 days a week from the office in Dundee.
- Experience in full-stack development using Node.js and/or Python.
- Experience with working in a global organization or with offshore teams.
- Experience with front-end automation frameworks such as Cypress.
- Experience with deployment tools such as Webpack or other bundling tools.
- Experience working with databases and API frameworks.