Director of Solutions Engineering
Optimove is a global marketing tech company, recognized as a Leader by Forrester and a Challenger by Gartner. We work with some of the world’s most exciting brands, such as Papa John’s, Staples, and Entain, who love our thought-provoking combination of art and science. With a strong product, a proven business, and the DNA of a vibrant, fastly-growing startup, we’re on the cusp of our next growth spurt. It’s the perfect time to join our team of ~300 thinkers and doers across NYC, LDN, TLV, and other locations, where 2 of every 3 managers were promoted from within. Growing your career with Optimove is basically guaranteed.
The Director of Solutions Engineering fills an essential role at Optimove, leading Solution Engineering efforts for Optimove in North America, defining and providing technical Pre- sale support and expertise for executive deals.
The role is a perfect fit for those with pre- sale experience or technical background and exceptional communication and presentation skills, in addition to management skills.
The Solutions Engineering team is responsible for providing a range of technical Pre-sales support through the sales cycle and beyond, ensuring that clients’ requirements are understood and the Optimove technical solution is mapped against these requirements; You will work with the New Business team to answer technical questions, lead integration discussions and product deep dives. You will help think of creative solutions for our future customers, especially when it comes to how the disparate pieces of the MarTech landscape can best work together. You will be required to be innovative in showing the client how the platform can be configured to meet their needs and to communicate the technical parts of our product in a way that is clear, compelling, and concise. Interpersonal skills are as valuable as technical skills in this role.
We are looking for a strong leader with a solid work ethic, highly developed time management skills, and an ability to thrive within a rapidly expanding company on the cutting edge of marketing technology.
- Lead, develop and mentor a team of Solution Engineers
- Manage Solution Engineering activities in North America, working closely with the VP Revenue to support sales initiatives
- Provide product expert support to the new business (sales) team
- Conduct formal tech calls and technical discussions as part of new business cycles
- Master Optimove’s products and technologies and become the go-to resource for any technical questions that arise as part of new business cycles
- Present product demos to prospects
- Understand our client’s technical and business needs
- Attend client meetings and conferences as needed (when this becomes relevant again)
- 6+ years of experience working in Pre- Sale and with Marketing Technology tools in a SaaS organization
- Technical background either from education or work experience (MarTech experience a plus)
- You should be able to talk about technology, even with non-technical people in a clear and coherent way
- Management skills
- Highly motivated with an exceptional work ethic
- A fast learner
- Strong multitasking and prioritization skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Comfortable traveling as needed (when this becomes relevant again)