Senior Application DBA
Optimove is the Science-First Relationship Marketing Hub, used by over 500 customer-centric businesses to drive measurable growth by scaling customer engagement. We’re obsessed with what drives customer behavior and strive to provide our clients the solution to foster long-lasting customer relationships. The Optimove family is 250 strong, spread over three locations: New York, London, Tel Aviv, and Singapore.
Two-thirds of our managers were promoted from within. If you’re looking to develop your career, get acknowledged for your efforts, and work with dedicated people who love what they do, you’ve come to the right place.
Optimove is looking for a Top Gun Senior Application DBA to join our DBA team. The team is part of the Data Lab and the Tech Org who are responsible for developing and supporting Optimove’s core product. The role includes design and tuning, develop complex ETL processes, performance optimization, monitoring, database maintenance, etc. In addition, assisting R&D in developing new data-intensive functionality, helping Data Science teams onboard, support, customers and assisting DevOps and technical support teams in solving database-related issues in production. This is an impactful role in a profitable company that operates globally and has been experiencing high revenue growth.
- Manage our hectic production environment with hundreds of production DBs.
- Face and solve challenges related to massive volume of data, complex ETL processes, multi-tenancy, schema and query optimization, etc.
- Monitor and track complex long-running database-intensive processes.
- Hands-on performance issues analysis and resolution, schema design and overall DBA activities.
- Design, build and operate database-intensive solutions such as Data Marts, replications and cross databases aggregation.
- Support R&D teams in designing and planning for high database performance of new product functionality.
- Assist technical support teams with performance improvement or other DBA activities of customers’ production databases.
- Assess the data implication of large prospective sales opportunities.
- MS SQL Server Expert!
- 5+ years experience as DBA on a relational DB – a must (MSSQL preferred).
- Experience with highly scalable ETL processes.
- Very strong knowledge and experience in designing complex, scalable and high-performing SQL queries and Stored Procedures.
- Proven experience in solving complex database performance issues, schema design and overall demonstration of excellent DBA expertise.
- Strong people skills and service-oriented personality.
- Experience in and willingness to provide sporadic off-hour Production support.
- Experience working for SaaS companies.
- Knowledge and experience with a cloud-based analytical database such as Snowflake or Google BigQuery and data lake solutions.