The Data Engineer position is the perfect role for an engineer who’s looking to expand their experience and knowledge in the world of data. Working as part of Optimove’s Data Lab department, you will work side by side with our expert product, data scientists and development teams to help create Optimove’s new features as well as work on many different innovative internal projects.
The ideal candidate is an SQL whiz with a strong work ethic, robust analytical and technical capabilities and with highly effective time management skills. We are looking for a master multi-tasker that thrives in challenging, fast-paced environments with agility and ease.
The Data Engineer is an integral part of the entire tech organization and the position brings with it an excellent opportunity to learn and grow within a rapidly growing company.
- End to end responsibility and development of data crunching and manipulation processes within the Optimove product
- Design and implementation of data pipelines and data marts
- Create data tools for various teams that assist them in building, testing, and optimizing the Optimove product
- Explore and implement new data technologies to support Optimove’s data infrastructure
- Work closely with the data science team to implement and maintain ML features and tools
- Interface with engineers, product managers and product analysts to understand data needs
- Design, build and launch new data models in production.
- B.Sc. in Industrial Engineering and Management, Information Systems or similar major
- Extensive SQL experience (preferably on a production environment) – a must!
- 1+ years of experience with programming languages, Python preferred – a must!
- Strong capability of schema design and data modeling
- Endless curiosity for data development!
- Quick, self-learning capabilities and problem-solving abilities
- Detailed oriented
- Familiarity with Airflow, ETL tools, Snowflake and MSSQL
- Hands on with VCS (Git)
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes