Data Engineering Team Leader
Optimove is the Science-First Relationship Marketing Hub, used by over 500 customer-centric businesses to drive measurable growth by scaling customer engagement. We’re obsessed with what drives customer behavior and strive to provide our clients the solution to foster long-lasting customer relationships. The Optimove family is 230 strong, spread over six locations: New York, London, Tel Aviv, Singapore, Ukraine & Mumbai.
Two thirds of our managers were promoted from within. If you’re looking to develop your career, get acknowledged for your efforts, and work with dedicated people who love what they do, you’ve come to the right place.
At Optimove, the Team Leader position is a central role in the Tech Org and enjoys a large degree of autonomy to structure the team in an Agile fashion as well as choose the designs and technologies for the required features. The Data Engineering (DE) team is a Change Agent Team that plays a significant role in the ongoing (at advanced stages) migration of Optimove to cloud technologies. The ideal candidate is a senior data engineer with a strong technical background in data infrastructure, data architecture design and robust data pipes building. The candidate must also have leadership abilities (both technological and personal) to nurture the team, grow it, and interact effectively with other teams’ Product managers, Data scientists, On-boarding engineers and Support staff.
- Lead a team of data engineers that is responsible for deploying and maintaining critical data pipelines in production.
- Lead strategic technological initiatives and long-term plans from initial exploration and POC to going live in a hectic production environment.
- Design infrastructural data services, coordinating with Architecture team, R&D teams, Data Scientists and product managers to build scalable data solutions.
- Work in Agile process with Product Managers, and other TLs.
- End to end responsibility and development of data crunching and manipulation processes within the Optimove product.
- Design and implementation of data pipelines and data marts.
- Create data tools for various teams (e.g. on-boarding teams) that assist them in building, testing, and optimizing the delivery of the Optimove product.
- Explore and implement new data technologies to support Optimove’s data infrastructure.
- Work closely with the core data science team to implement and maintain ML features and tools.
- B.Sc. in Industrial Engineering and Management, Information Systems, or similar major
- 7+ years of extensive SQL experience (preferably working on a production environment) – a must!
- Experience with programming languages (preferably, Python) – a must!
- Experience with “Big Data” environments, tools, and data modelling (preferably on a production environment)
- Strong capability of schema design and data modeling
- Understanding of micro-services architecture
- Quick, self-learning and good problem-solving capabilities
- Good communication skills and collaborative
- Process and detailed oriented
- Passion to solve complex data problems
- Experience as Data Engineering/BI Team Leader
- Familiarity with Airflow, ETL tools, Snowflake and MSSQL
- Experience with GCP services
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with PubSub/Kafka