Director of Customer Success
Optimove is the Science-First Relationship Marketing Hub, used by over 500 customer-centric businesses to drive measurable growth by scaling customer engagement. We’re obsessed with what drives customer behavior and strive to provide our clients with the solution to foster long-lasting customer relationships. The Optimove family is 230 strong, spread over six locations: New York, London, Tel Aviv, Singapore, Ukraine & Mumbai.
Optimove is seeking a Director of Customer Success for the company’s TLV office. The ideal candidate has a mix of superb relationship management, analytical, and business skills.
The Director of Customer Success is responsible for building strategic relationships with customers, mentoring and leading a highly skilled team of CSMs, taking part in setting the company’s customer success strategies, and collaborating with cross-functional leaders in the company to deliver an excellent customer experience.
The selected candidate will understand each customer’s business, run periodic business reviews with customer management teams, lead renewal strategy discussions and identify opportunities and risks, and (together with the Sales and Professional Services teams) ensure that these are successfully addressed.
Because the Director of Customer Success serves as an escalation point for customers, s/he needs to have strong knowledge of the Optimove platform and services, as well as a solid understanding of the customer onboarding process. S/he also needs to be able to effectively demo all Optimove products, to personally take customer calls, and to fully understand the customer experience and journey.
The overriding goal of this position – and its primary success metric – is customer retention.
- Manage the front-line relationships of a select group of strategic customers on an ongoing basis, and liaise with external and internal stakeholders, as needed
- Develop and implement a framework to minimize customer churn
- Lead a team of Customer Success Managers in two company locations (Tel- Aviv and APAC), which includes fostering an environment of collaboration and continuously focusing on improving and developing each team member’s skills
- Lead renewals and expansions alongside the sales team
- Influence customer future lifetime value, through high product adoption, customer satisfaction, and overall customer health
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop specific short- and long-term account plans that meet the needs of customers while maximizing customer revenue and retention
- Understand each customer’s job responsibilities, businesses, and industries to best position Optimove to provide actionable insights that support their business goals
- Collaborate with Optimove’s executive team and other internal leaders to achieve customer success goals and contribute to overall company objectives
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred
- 5-7 years experience leading customer success managers, account management, or sales teams
- 3 + years experience leading CS team in a SaaS or subscription software company
- Experience in people management and development, including proven leadership through accountability, continuous learning, and improvement
- Proven experience working with high-profile, strategic customers – experience working with enterprise accounts preferred
- Proven record in leading commercial discussions to include upsells, renewals, commercial disputes, and more
- Proven experience in leading strategic- commercial discussions to drive renewals and upsells
- Experience working in the CRM space is a plus
- Detail-oriented individual who also can think and plan strategically
- A self-motivated problem solver with creativity, a strong work ethic, and a high energy level
- Executive-level interpersonal, project management, problem-solving, and verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated operational excellence in analytical thinking, process development and improvement, problem-solving, communication, delegation, and planning
- Proactive, self-motivated team player who can inspire both team members and customers
- Travel requirements: up to 20% of the time
- Fluent in English – native English speakers preferred